Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Healthiest All-Nighter in the World

 It's midterms, so of course everyone is pulling all-nighters or just studying their butts of into the wee hours of the morning. Last year, if I wanted to stay up late I would typically eat a lot of crap and the next day crash harder than anything. While I love Coke and chocolate and coffee as much as the next girl, I hated feeling so sluggish the next day. I decided to be proactive, for once, and googled a bunch of things that would help me stay up and this is what I came up with:


- Apples have a lot of vitamins and minerals in them, also lots of antioxidants, which help make energy!
- Red peppers have vitamin A and vitamin C, also antioxidants. I didn't take a picture of the hummus that I had, but that's another healthy-energy boosting snack!
- Also not in this picture is my organic dark chocolate. Basically, the dark chocolate was there to satisfy my cravings for sweeter snacks. Stuff like candy bars tend to contain refined starches, which depletes vitamin B. Also, the higher percentage of cocoa in your chocolate, the higher percentage of antioxidants in the chocolate.
- The iced lemon water is there to keep me hydrated and is known to boost energy. Lemon has extra enzymes and vitamins in it that will keep you awake.
- Popcorn is there for fiber and it makes you feel fuller, not necessarily awake. I love the taste of the butter, so this is 94% fat free butter on my popcorn. 
- Peanut butter is there because it's delicious!

Anyways, I was still pretty energetic when I started eating this and studying, but I think it works better when you have a significant amount of energy. Either way, the next day I didn't feel terrible. I ate pretty healthy the next day as well and while I did feel like I had a lower energy level than normal, I didn't feel like I was dying! Just keep this in mind this week and I'll definitely be trying this again around finals.

Good luck on midterms! 

No comments:

Post a Comment